Wednesday, October 28, 2009
So out comes Mickey, Minnie and the other characters and the boys were doing fine! Daniel was on Daddy's lap, and Cameron was sitting like such a big boy on the edge of his seat! We found that if they sat back in their seats, the seat would start to fold up on them, or they would come close to kicking the person in front of them in the head! So sitting on the edge of the seat or on our laps was the best way to sit! Then out comes "Cars" and along with that came a really loud "BOOM", which scared the bajeezies out of Daniel and made him cry! Poor little guy! I thought that was the end of the show for us. But Daddy did a great job of calming him down and distracting him with what was going on in the show. Cameron was so adorable to watch just sitting so intently watching the show! He clapped when everybody else clapped (always with a HUGE grin on his face) , and turned to me to tell me (in such an excited voice) what was going on and who just came out! AAAHHH!!! I have to admit, I don't know why, but I started to get a little teary when we were first sitting there and the show started! I didn't actually cry or anything, but felt like I was about to. I was enjoying watching my boys experience something new and amazing! Part of me thought about how I always wanted these things in my life. To take my children to events and out for new experiences and watch them enjoy themselves and have fun! And for a fair amount of time in my life, I didn't think these days would ever come. So I treasure each and every special moment along the way because it is a miracle that we were blessed with such amazing little boys in our lives and I couldn't be happier to be there Mommy! So one more special moment down, a zillion more to go!
So question for all you mommies out there.....Do any of you get emotional or teary at new and special times you spend with your kids? Or those "firsts" that are pretty special too?
Have a great day everyone!
Friday, October 23, 2009
I'm looking forward to a special last minute plan for on Sunday afternoon! We were offered the opportunity to purchase discounted tickets to see Disney On Ice! We agreed to get the tickets! We have never taken the boys to something like that before, so I'm looking forward to it! It is featuring the Little Mermaid, Lion King, Cars & Fairies! Our seats are pretty good and I'm just hoping the boys will sit still long enough to enjoy it!
Well, I'm to bed! Sleep tight everyone! And have a wonderful weekend!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
And have you ever thought about what you sound like and what you say to your kids? Well, my boys have recently decided to start talking to us, the way we talk to them and acting like the Mommy & Daddy! Such as, "You go night night now. Don't get out of bed!" or "You be quiet Mommy!" It is actually quite hilarious when they start telling us what to do! Makes me think that maybe I say that too much! Either way, I didn't think they could talk more than they have been talking, but they are proving me wrong! It is pretty much non-stop talk from both of them! It is pretty much never quiet in this house! Unless they are sleeping!
Daniel is quite the little ladies man! We were at the mall yesterday and the boys were playing in the kids play area, and Daniel kept following this little girl around! Now I'm not kidding when I say that Daniel is usually chasing the girls that are older by 2-4 years! This little girl was about half his age! He was totally robbing the cradle!!! She was only about 18 months old! Most of the little girls have ignored him or ran from him. Not this little flirt! She tried to KISS him!!! Her Mom told me that she had been learning how to give kisses and this was the first time she ever tried to kiss someone other than family! It was hilarious because Daniel actually shyed away from her and shook his head! It was hilarious to watch! Boy oh boy will we have our hands full when these handsome little men are older!
Well, I better get to bed! Sleep tight all!
Sunday, October 18, 2009
1. Boppy pillows - I had 2 regular boppies and 1 double boppy. The individual ones worked out well for seperate propping feedings when I wasn't by myself. And the double boppy worked out nicely for when I was feeding them by myself.
2. Extra carseat bases - My husband and I had 2 carseat bases in each of our cars, since he usually dropped the kids off at the Grandparents house to be watched for a few hours and I would pick them up. It made it much easier to just snap in the carseats when it was time to go! It is also safer, as it is recommended to not keep taking out the bases and re-installing them. We bought all 4 bases brand new for about $25 each. Worth the money for the safety and saved time. As a side note, my parents bought extra bases for their van as well, since they took them places sometimes when they had the kids. However, they got them used from friends!
3. If you are a working mom and will return to work, but plan on pumping, I recommend 2 breast pumps. I had 1 that I kept at work and used during the day and would simply bring the cooler with the milk home with me. I had the other pump for at home or when we went places. Be sure to check with your insurance plan, because many will cover the purchase of a pump. If you need a doctor's prescription for a pump for your insurance, you shouldn't have a problem getting that from your doctor. I got one of mine free using my insurance and the 2nd one I bought outright.
4. Two changing areas in the home. We had one in the boys bedroom and one in the living room. Now, I'm not talking 2 changing tables. In the boys room, we didn't buy a changing table. We used a low 6 drawer dresser and bought a changing pad for about $25. My mom made 2 different changing pad covers. But I also bought 2 packs of cloth diapers and would lay one right under the babies bottom area. Since squirts and leaks and messes happen, it is easier to change the cloth diaper, than to take off and wash the entire changing pad cover. Plus we had a blanket or towel in the living room with a basket of diapers and wipes. When you are by yourself (and sometimes you are), you don't want to leave one baby un-attended to go to the bedroom to change the other one!
5. Friends and family! It is difficult to survive without your friends and family by your side to help! Don't refuse help with cleaning your home, or making meals. You will be doing it yourself the rest of your life! Accept the help when it is given, because it will allow you more resting time, and more time to enjoy your little additions! And don't forget about us Twin Mommy Buddies! We've been there, done that and have the experience to tell you what works and what doesn't! I still take in new ideas or methods from other Twin Mommies and probably always will!
Hope this helps a few of you mommy's out! Take care!
* proud twin Mommy to 3 year old boys, Daniel & Cameron
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Then it's time to go look at and climb on all the equipment in the street from the road being worked on! Those are big tractors and little boys!
Then Grandma T makes them earn their keep by vacuuming the house! They are messy boys, but I'm sure they didn't get the house that dirty! I can just imagine Grandma T on the couch saying, "You missed a spot!" (Just kidding!)
Then it's time to head back outside and play a little B-Ball! Look at the moves those boys are displaying! Future basketball players! Cameron holds it over his head so Daniel can't reach! HA!
And then it's time to go inside and raid the fridge like every other growing boy that just finished working hard and playing even harder! Fun times at Grandma and Grandpa's house! Thanks for the pictures Grandma T & Grandpa Bud! And thank you for watching them for us!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Daniel with his Cootie!
Cameron with his Cooties!
And on Saturday, we headed out to finish cleaning up the front yard from our Maple Tree that came down. We still had some wood to cut up and haul and a ton of dirt and sawdust that needed to be raked and leveled out. So the boys helped us a bit by playing in the dirt and helped haul wood! I hope they continue to do this as they get older! We also needed to put together a new mailbox since the downed tree took out our other one! So the boys pitched in and helped! Love the pic of my 3 boys using their screwdrivers! It was a windy day outside, so we were all bundled up! But we had so much fun!
Today we are going to the Pumpkin Patch, so I'll have more pics of that later! Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Daniel playing in the dirt!
Daniel helping Daddy in the yard!
Cameron making a mess on the front porch by
playing in Mommy's flower bed!
Daddy using his ax (and his muscles) to chop
Daddy using his chainsaw to cut up the large wood!
The boys sitting on the front porch
watching Daddy use the chainsaw!
(Love this pic!)
My 3 boys using screwdrivers to put the
Daniel showing me his screwdriver!
Monday, October 5, 2009
I picked the boys up late tonight and they crashed in the car on the way home (YAY)! Which means they went straight to bed when we got home! I love evenings like that because then there is no fighting to go to bed!
Have a great week everyone!
Sunday, October 4, 2009
The boys have become very musical lately and enjoy playing their loud (and annoying) instruments! A miniature drum set and recorders. They were Christmas presents last year from cousin Kelly. She will pay dearly when she has kids! I see lot's of loud musical instruments in her future! In fact, they are both playing their recorders right now and I think I need to invest in some earplugs! Or another bottle of Excedrin Migraine! Imagine me cringing right now as the pitch feels like fingernails on a chalkboard to me! SSSCCCRREEECCHH!!!!!!
And we have finally learned the ABC's! LMNOP doesn't quite sound right, but that is pretty normal! Either way, I'm excited that they have finally learned all of the alphabet song! We also sing multiple songs at bedtime now! They include, the ABC song, Twinkle twinkle little star, the Ladybug Picnic, Lullaby and Little Bunny Foo Foo! And the new favorite that Bryan and I sing to them together is The Bear in Tennis Shoes song! Any of you remember that song? For those that don't know, Bryan and I met as outdoor counselors for a camp called Cispus! We had camp songs that we sang and this was one of those songs! It is one of our favorites and when we sing it to the boys, they are silent! (Yes! Silence is a miracle in this house!) And then when we sing the ending "The End, The End." over and over again, they can't stop laughing! So here are the lyrics so that you can sing it to your children! It's a fun song that should be a family favorite!
I have also added some new pics below of recent events! Yesterday was the Open House at the Washougal Fire Department! My sister's boyfriend Dustin became a volunteer at the fire department and we went down to check it out and support him! The boys had fun and got to ride in the fire engine, learn to stop, drop & roll!
And 2 weeks ago, our maple tree in our front yard came down. Well, half of it came down and the other half had to be brought down. Luckily, the only casualty was our mailbox! Oh, and our pocketbook! $950 to down a stupid tree! Mother nature was much cheaper!
The other day
I met a bear
In tennis shoes
A dandy bear
The other day I met a bear;
In tennis shoes -- a dandy bear;
(other verses similar)
He looked at me,
I looked at him.
He sized up me,
I sized up him.
He said to me,
Why don't you run?
For I see you ain't
Got any gun.
And so I ran
Away from there.
And right behind
me was that bear.
And then I came
up to a tree.
I great big tree --
Oh goodness me!
The nearest branch
Was ten feet up.
I'd have to jump
and trust my luck.
And so I jumped
Into the air,
And I missed that branch
Away up there.
Now don't you fret.
Now Don't you frown.
'Cause I caught that branch
On the way back down!
The moral is
No shocking news:
Don't talk to bears
In tennis shoes.
(and the classic camp song can't-leave-well-enough-alone
The end. The end.
The end. The end.
The tree down across our driveway.
The rest of the tree still standing.
Our mailbox post!
The rest of the tree being taken down.
The hole, the sawdust and a pile of wood!
Cameron, Auntie Am, Dustin & Daniel (and ice cream)!
Amber and Dustin
Riding in the engine!
Mommy and her BIG boys!
Playing with the dog food in the "kitchen". YUMMY!