How weird is it that it is already 2010! I was told by so many people that "when you have kids, the time just flies right by"! I had no idea how true it was until our little men came along! And boy oh boy, have the last 3 1/2 years just whizzed right by! However, the last decade was full of so many things, I don't know how we survived it all!
* Bryan and I had our 10 year wedding anniversary last year! I am blessed to be married to my best friend!
* We have lived in 3 different homes since 1999 (and hopefully aren't moving again for quite some time)!
* Bryan worked at many different jobs over the last 10 years and had a few layoffs. And finally he was blessed to find one in 2006 that made him happy, as an Animal Control Officer! And even though he was transferred to a different area in the city last year, he will happily be returning to his ACO position on February 1st!
* I am still working at Tidland (15 years now) and in 2005 I started doing Accounts Receivable and have found it to be a job that I actually do enjoy (most of the time)!
* We went through 3 1/2 years of fertility treatments and miscarriages and were finally blessed in 2006 with our wonderful twin boys, Daniel and Cameron! What did we do with our lives before they were born?
* I am beginning my 8th year as a volunteer for the American Cancer Society and helping plan our local Relay For Life event to raise money to find a cure for cancer! This has been a blessing to me and I plan to continue volunteering until we find a cure!
* We have lost Bryan's 2 grandma's, one of my grandma's and Bryan's aunt since 1999. We miss them all very much and wish that our children could have spent time with them.
* Bryan injured his back in 2005 and was out of commission for 3 months. This ended his dream to be a fire fighter and ended his schooling at PCC in their Fire Science program.
* I had my thyroid issues and had it removed in 2004 (leaving a nasty looking scar). And then had more "female" issues after the boys were born and had a hysterectomy in 2009 (which made me a happier woman)!
* I had my 10 year class reunion in 2007 (Bryan had 10 years in 2006, but no reunion). It totally doesn't feel like we have been out of school that long already! WOW are we old!!!
* My Grandma Dot being diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung cancer last year and being with her as much as possible during this time.
* And of course the financial problems we have had over the years. And that stupid housing market problem that has left us with our Battle Ground house not sold 2 1/2 years later and leaving us carrying multiple mortgages that we can no longer afford. (Totally sucks!)
So here is to all the problems, hard times, fun times and experiences that Bryan and I have experienced over the last decade together. And here is to, hopefully, a better decade for us! Hopefully one with a few less surprises, challenges or problems. However, we have grown so much over the last decade, and have grown together through all of our experiences. What doesn't break us makes us stronger, right? Well, I would have to say that we are stronger for the better. And, of course, we are most thankful for our wonderful little boys, which has been the best thing to come from the last decade!
Have a wonderful 2010 everyone, and here is to a new decade!
(As long as the world doesn't actually come to an end in 2012!)