Friday, March 6, 2009

Cameron's ears & a wonderful surprise!

First, we had Cameron's appointment yesterday with the ENT. It went very well, however, Bryan had to leave the room because Daniel kept trying to get into things! So I discussed Cameron with the Dr. He said that Cameron has a hearing loss of 5 decipal's in his right ear and 20 decipal's in his left ear. Which he said is significant and would seem like Cameron has an ear plug in his ear and sounds would be muffled on that side. He said he has quite a lot of fluid in the ear and it is very, very thick. The options would be to wait and see if it goes away on it's own, try a saline solution to loosen it up, or do the tubes in his ears. He said that the fluid is extremely thick (like snot) and probably will not come out on it's own and the saline solution would also probably not work because of how thick it is. So we decided to do tubes in the ears. He said he would do both ears, in case he runs in to issues with the right one in the future, we wouldn't have to have the procedure done again. The procedure takes about 10 minutes, and he would be given gas to knock him out. Once the procedure is over, he would recover in about 30-60 minutes and then we would take him home. It will be done at the surgical center at Southwest Washington Medical Center. Not sure when yet. I left a message with the scheduler yesterday. But we will try to schedule it as soon as possible. The Dr. said he should notice a huge difference after the procedure and he should hear much better! Which should also help him with his speech, which we are most concerned about. I will let you know when we get the appointment scheduled!

And Thursday morning was surprising for me and Bryan! I bought Bryan a sweet card on Tuesday night, just to tell him I love him! I filled it out Wednesday night and was going to put it in the bathroom so that when he woke up, he would find it on the counter! I tucked it in a bathroom drawer to pull out in the morning before I left for work. When I woke up Thursday morning, I go into the bathroom and find a card on the counter....for me! I took a double-take, and then opened the card! It was the EXACT SAME CARD that I bought for Bryan! He said some very sweet things and made me cry a little! Before I left, Bryan woke up. So I asked him why he bought the card! (I thought be may have seen my card to him, and then bought the same one). I then handed him his card from me! When he opened it up, he started laughing that we both bought the EXACT SAME CARD, to give to each other on the EXACT SAME DAY!!! He asked me why I bought my card. I got teary-eyed again and told him that we had lost too many people lately and I wanted him to know how much I love him! He said his reason is that he kept driving by Bill's house and couldn't help but think of him being alone. (I'll explain that below in a minute). He wanted me to also know how much he loves me. AAAAHHHH!!! I told a friend at work about our little "coincidence" and I like what she said! "WOW! You guys really are soul mates!" I totally agree!!!

So, I hadn't posted what has recently happened in our lives. February 4th was not a very good day at all. I received a phone call at 5:30am from my mom that Kasey Radford passed away. He was an 11 year old boy that had been fighting Glioblastoma, brain cancer, for 3 years. He had a brain bleed and passed away that morning. We all knew it was coming, but it still doesn't make it any easier. We had grown close to the Radford family and grew to love Kasey over the last 3 years. All I can say is, hold your children close and hug them 10 times longer.

Later that day, I received a phone call about 5:30 and was told that one of my co-workers had gone home and laid down to take a nap. She passed away in her sleep! Sue Colvin was 61 years old and she was a sweet lady who I will miss dearly. What breaks my heart most is that her and her husband were inseperable and so obviously in love. I have seen Bill many times since Sue passed away, and he is just so very sad. I feel horrible that he is home by himself and I am worried about how he is doing. He came to our bowling fundraiser on Saturday night, but he just seemed so sad. As he went to leave, I gave him a hug and thanked him for coming. He said it is so hard leaving the house without Sue. And then he said he hopes that I never have to go through what he is going through. Needless to say, I started bawling. He left and Bryan gave me a hug. Please keep Bill and Kasey's family in your prayers. If I am having a hard time with the loss of these two wonderful people, I can't even imagine how hard it is for their familes.

Well, I will let you all go, now that I've talked your ear off! Have a wonderful day and I want all of you to know that I love you!

Jen :-)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are so blessed to have such a sweet hubby!

Misti and Eric said...

Wow, crazy stuff Jen. I loved the fact that you two bought the same card. That is so cool! :) I am glad to hear that Cameron's ears will be doing better soon. Sad news about the losses. That is so sad. I just found out that a gal I got to church with's son, who is only 6 years old, has a brain tumor that is cancerous and he will undergo therapy this next year. Scary! I don't know what I would do if I lost my sweethearts. Sad. Love you!